Engineered to track objects in 6DoF with exacting precision—with support for real-time and offline workflows—OptiTrack Motive Tracker is designed to meet the needs of the most demanding engineering and research applications.
Motion capture & 6 DOF object tracking.
Powerful rigid body solving
The most precise 6DoF data imaginable is at your fingertips with OptiTrack Motive: Tracker’s industry-leading 3D reconstruction and rigid body solving. Use high-level tracking filters and constraints to fine tune the performance of your object tracking—perfect for demanding applications like high object count and high speed UAV tracking.
64-bit, multi-threaded architecture
OptiTrack Motive: Tracker was designed from the ground-up to leverage the native power of the latest Windows 64-bit OS and Intel/AMD 64-bit processors, enabling tracking of more tracked objects, longer recordings, larger file sizes, and support for hundreds of cameras per system.
Setup is easy
OptiTrack Motive: Tracker reduces system setup time by up to 75%. Aim Assist, auto-masking, one-click rigid body creation, versatile hardware and the industry’s longest range cameras make even large systems easy to setup with just one person.
Flexible real-time streaming options
OptiTrack Motive: Tracker supports industry standard streaming engines like VRPN and Trackd alongside custom network interface development via our freeNatNet SDK.
Open SDKs & API access
OptiTrack Motive: Tracker’s flexible architecture and free dev tools create the world’s first truly open optical tracking platform, offering access data at any stage in the pipeline—2D camera images, marker centroid data, unlabeled 3D points, labeled markers, and rigid bodies. You can even replace the Motive:Tracker UI completely and directly control system operation in your application with our Motive API.
Recording and data management
OptiTrack Motive: Tracker’s new asset and data management systems will automatically assign rigid bodies and custom markersets to the recordings they were tracked in as file metadata—all of which is contained within a single project folder for simple management during complex trials.
External sync in/out
Integrate your OptiTrack system with other devices and large scale tracking and analytical ecosystems with external sync in/out for slave and triggering events. Utilize either frame triggers or free-run triggering to synchronize frame cycling with external software controls and hardware components like shutter glasses.
Data editing with manual labeling with custom markersets
In addition to standard optical editing tools like gap filling, track swapping, and more, OptiTrack Motive:Tracker enables the creation of custom markersets to manually label trajectories for tracking small, non-rigid marker clusters.”
System health monitoring with indicators
OptiTrack Motive: Tracker’s extensive health system monitors real-time performance throughout your pipeline, from camera operation to the quality of your recordings. Prime Series camera users will enjoy native integration of the camera status indicator ring, which provides real-time indication of every camera in the system’s activity and health.
Sync’d reference video with 3D overlay
Drop any tracking camera into the video reference group in the camera manager and transform it into a full-frame, calibrated, synchronized reference camera with support for 3D data overlay.
Tracking, solving, and labeling
- Track up to 2,000 markers with the industry’s most precise 3D reconstruction
- Manual trajectory labeling for non-rigid groups of markers
- One-click rigid body creation
- Customizable rigid body solver parameters, including:
- Deflection and flexibility
- Dynamic and static constraints
- Marker sharing
- Kalman smoothing
- System health monitoring and event logging ensure that every stage in the workflow operates optimally and potential problems easily are identified if issues arise
- Multi-camera Rigid Body tracking
- 3 marker minimum per Rigid Body for 6DoF
- 7 marker maximum per Rigid Body
- Max Rigid Bodies: 32
- Redundant Rigid Body marker hand-off
Camera control and frame sync
- Camera manager with drag-and-drop migration between camera groups
- Synchronization control, including frame delivery and shutter offset
- Setting presets for quickly tuning cameras to specific uses
- Scene video reference
- Complete control of camera settings
- Frame rate
- Illumination (strobed or continuous)
- Filter Switcher
- Full-frame, synchronized, calibrated reference video with 3D overlay for compatible cameras
- Aim Assist integration for compatible cameras
- Auto-masking of all 2D camera views with a single click
- Pixel inspection tool for measuring pixel brightness anywhere on any camera
- Back-projection of 3D marker data onto source 2D camera images
- Detailed camera activity and health indicators overlaid on 2D camera views
- SMPTE Time Code support for recorded and streamed data (via eSync)
- Flexible real-time streaming:
- Free MotionBuilder plugin (7.5, 2009-2013)
- IKinema Action for Maya (2009-2013)
- OptiTrack’s custom NatNet SDK
- Bypass the Motive UI and integrate tracking directly into your applications using the Motive API
- External sync in/out:
- Genlock (via eSync)
- General purpose sync in/out (via eSync or OptiHub)
- Broadcast simple XML UDP packet for start/stop record for triggering remote devices
- Compatibility with 3D Shutter Glasses (via eSync or OptiHub)
- Automatic lens detection, with support for custom lenses
- Support for standard OptiTrack wands and custom wand sizes
- Calibrate multiple camera groups with unique settings
- 3D capture volume visualization based on the desired number of overlapping cameras
- Perform new, full calibrations or refinements of existing calibrations
- Utilize volume visualizations and measurement tools to assess system health and tracking accuracy
Data management & post
- New data management system:
- Drag-and-drop asset management
- Paste in shot lists from clipboard
- New integrated Take files include 2D, 3D, and skeletal data, with optional 2D data archiving
- Detailed file metadata for each take, including assets and health indicators
- Optional offline trajectorization:
- Improved solves for complex, high-density reconstructed 3D points
- Re-trajectorization with new camera or subject calibrations
- New data scrubber:
- Take health indicators reveal gaps in data
- Channel view for X, Y, Z editing
- Tracks view for quickly identifying and re-labeling or merging mislabeled and unidentified trajectories
- Trajectory editing tools
- Fix swapped trajectories
- Fill gaps manually or automatically
- Move trajectories up/down
- Smoothing, with customizable filter cutoff frequency
- Manual labeling, including support for custom markersets
- Solve to skeletal data in Motive, or export opticals for external solving
- Export formats:
- C3D for optical data
- FBX for optical, rigid body, and skeletal data
- BVH for rigid body and skeletal data
- CSV for optical and rigid body data
- Up to 24 USB Cameras
- Up to 96+ Ethernet cameras
- Synchronized scene video reference
- Multi-Camera calibration
Recommended system requirements can vary significantly based on camera model and count. Please visit the system builder tool to find system recommendations tailored to your specific setup.
If you would like to purchase OptiTrack Motive Tracking software
- call 03 9687 8638 (Monday to Friday 9:30am to 5:30pm)
- or complete the form below and we will get in touch with you as soon as possible.