The OptiTrack Prime 13 camera delivers 40′ camera-to-marker range, sub-mm 3D precision, and high-speed 240 FPS capture—all in a surprisingly compact and affordable package.
High speed tracking with excellent precision in medium-sized capture volumes.
At double the resolution of the S250e, the Prime 13’s 1.3 MP imager provides 3D precision as fine as 0.5mm at long ranges and 0.2mm in close proximity.
Scalable GigE/PoE interface
The OptiTrack Prime 13’s GigE/PoE interface offers a highly scalable alternative to our USB-based Flex 13, enabling higher camera counts and larger setup areas.
240 FPS tracking
Track fast-moving objects and synchronize with third-party lab tools with the OptiTrack Prime 13’s 240 FPS capture speed and global shutter.
Discreet form & function
The OptiTrack Prime 13’s diminutive 2.7″ square signature and invisible 850nm IR illumination are perfect for applications that require a discreet tracking system.
Surprising range and coverage
Don’t be fooled by the OptiTrack Prime 13’s small size or price. Like its Prime Series predecessors, it offers impressive range alongside a generous FOV, capable of tracking in setups up to 45′ × 45′.
Intuitive & elegant design
In designing the Prime Series, OptiTrack considered the complete lifetime of a motion capture camera—from unboxing to setup, capture, and teardown. Each process is accommodated with a nod to simplicity and usability.
Aim Assist for single user setup
Bring the camera to view in software and optimize camera settings for aiming with one button press. Aim Assist enables a single operator to configure a system in minutes, without ever touching the software interface.
On-camera status indicator
Monitor camera health and activity based on a ring of customizable RGB LEDs mounted on the camera face. As camera status changes, so does the indicator ring.
Fast glass M12 lenses
We custom design our own super low distortion, “fast glass” lenses, which include wide band anti-reflective coating for increased light transmission, yielding larger volumes and cleaner data.
Alternate between IR and visible spectrum imaging with our Filter Switcher technology, or select a band-pass filter to eliminate interference from other light sources even more thoroughly.
Flexible compatibility, for growth over time
The OptiTrack Prime 13 can operate alongside our retired S250e, as well as the Prime 41 and Prime 17W, making it a flexible option to extend an existing system or build one up over time.
On-camera image processing
Our low latency, on-camera image analysis delivers clean, reliable data to your PC for efficient marker solving and reference video. Image processing types include:
- Performs on-camera detection of marker location, size, and roundness using our most precise grayscale processing methods. Provides excellent precision with the smallest CPU footprint.
- Like precision grayscale processing, segment mode divides processing between the camera and CPU, providing streamlined marker information for CPU-efficient marker detection. Provides a balance between precision and processing load.
- Down-sampled (1/10th) grayscale frames, compressed on-camera for highly scalable reference video capabilities.
- Raw grayscale
- Full resolution, uncompressed grayscale.
Synchronized, calibrated reference video
As with all OptiTrack cameras, any Prime 13 can be converted from a tracking camera into a synchronized, calibrated reference camera with a single mouse click. Because the cameras remain calibrated while in reference mode, 3D data can be overlaid on the video for real-time previs and assistance with post.
On-camera MJPEG compression
MJPEG compression delivers full frame-rate video with 1/10th the bandwidth of raw grayscale, enabling numerous cameras to operate in reference mode, simultaneously.
Raw Grayscale 30 MB/s
MJPEG 3 MB/s
Synchronize to external devices
Synchronize to almost any signal or source with the eSync 2. Cameras can be in sync to sources such as a professional video Genlock signal, and can also be triggered to record from general purpose inputs and software commands. Use the sync output signal or trigger with a DAQ for biomechanical force plate data alignment. Highly accurate frame timing can also be achieved with SMTPE Time Code for ease in editing and logging.
OEM & computer vision integration
Incorporate OptiTrack Prime 13 cameras into OEM or computer vision applications via the free Camera SDK, a C/C++ interface for control of and access to raw camera frames, image processing modes, camera settings, 2D object data, and camera synchronization.
- Width: 2.7 inches (6.86 cm)
- Height: 2.7 inches (6.86 cm)
- Depth: 2.1 inches (5.3 cm)
- Weight: 0.7 pounds (0.32 kg)
- Mounting: 1/4”-20 tripod thread (×2)
- Status Indicators:
- 2 digit numeric LEDs
- Full-color LED health and activity indicator
- 62 LEDs
- 850 nm IR
- Adjustable brightness
Lens & Filter
- Stock Lens: 5.5 mm F#1.8 (wide band AR coated)
- Horizontal FOV: 56°
- Vertical FOV: 46°
- Optional Lens: 8 mm F#1.8
- Horizontal FOV: 42°
- Vertical FOV: 34°
- 850nm band-pass filter
- 800nm (IR) / 700nm (Visible) Filter Switcher
- Resolution: 1280 × 1024
- Pixel Size : 4.8 µm × 4.8 µm
- Frame Rate: 30–240 FPS (adjustable)
- Latency: 4.2 ms
- Shutter Type: global
- Shutter Speed:
- Default: 500 µs (0.5 ms)
- Minimum: 10 µs (0.01 ms)
- 3900 µs (3.9 ms) at 240 FPS
Image Processing Types
- Raw Grayscale
- MJPEG Grayscale
- MJPEG is downsampled to 1/4 resolution (640×512)
Input/Output & Power
- Data: GigE/PoE (1000BASE-T)
- Camera Sync: Ethernet
- Power: PoE
Recommended system requirements can vary significantly based on camera model and count. Please visit the system builder tool to find system recommendations tailored to your specific setup.
In the Box
- 1 OptiTrack Prime 13 Camera – Part number: P13
- 1 Quick Start Guide
The OptiTrack Prime 13 comes equipped with Ethernet connectivity, on-board processing, and a low distortion, “fast glass” lens. In every Prime 13 box you will find:
- 1 OptiTrack Prime 13 Camera
- 1 Quick Start Guide
If you would like to purchase the OptiTrack Prime 13
- call 03 9687 8638 (Monday to Friday 9:30am to 5:30pm)
- or complete the form below and we will get in touch with you as soon as possible.